by Maryalene LaPonsie
Do you know the symptoms of mini-strokes? These transient ischemic attacks or TIAs may be warning signs of future stroke events.
by Susanne Clemenz
If you have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and notice a sudden worsening of symptoms, you may be experiencing COPD exacerbation, and it's important to call your pulmonologist immediately. Learn why failure to seek help may lead to a deterioration in your overall health.
by Susan E. Lanza
Our lungs work hard for us for decades and keep us moving through life. Smoking, pollution and respiratory diseases threaten the health of our lungs and can lead to a condition called Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or COPD for short. Check out your knowledge on this disease.
Click on the links below to see helpful articles and checklists on various elder care topics.
- Breast cancer risk in older women
- Younger Lupus demographic can become elderly medical complications
- Understanding cholesterol problems: taking the good with the bad
- When Nature calls too often: solving elder bladder and bowel incontinence problems
- Watch your step: a guide to elder fall prevention
- An elder refuses to eat: what should a caregiver do?
- Did everything come out okay? Senior bowel issues
- How massages can ease aging issues
- Obesity casts its shadow over elder care
- Elder vision care: seeing eye-to-eye
- Seniors could be at risk for AIDS
- High blood pressure in the elderly
- Medication challenges for the caregiver
- Elder refusals to visit the doctor
- Eye exam challenges in elders
- A diagnosis spurs a commitment
- Kidney failure in the elderly
- Make peace with your aging body through yogaa
- Do seniors have rights when it comes to health care?
- Defending yourself against super bugs
- Aging adults and eye health
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- When being dense is good: elder bone health and osteoporosis
- Why a geriatrician can be the best choice to direct elder care
- Symptoms of decline in elders' health: should family members intervene?
- Breast cancer doesn't respect gender
- Seniors and infection control
- Medication administration safety for elders and caregivers
- Elders and medical science seem generations apart
- Now hear this: understanding elderly hearing problems
- Keeping care visible for elders
- Elder Care: structured vs. task-oriented exercises
- Thinking objectively about elder eye care and visual decline
- Matters of the bladder: dealing with urinary incontinence
- Managing a life with hearing loss
- When elders need new glasses or hearing aids
- Joint replacement recovery: what to expect
- Oral health care for elders